Help and support
Slim browser version (download) back
1. I get this error message: "Couldn’t load plug-in"
If you get this error message, the game was unable to run your Google Chrome Flash plugin. Just open the options menu of the application on the right of the "The Settlers Online" start menu and change the plugin setting to "Adobe Flash Player plugin".
2. Why do I need a Flash Player plugin?
"The Settlers Online" is a browser game, based on Flash.
Therefore a Flash plugin is needed to run the game.
3. Do I need Google Chrome?
Google Chrome is not needed if Adobe Flash Player (plugin) is installed on your PC. But Google Chrome comes with its own Flash plugin. The game performance of this plugin is better than the performance of the "original" Adobe Plugin (our application is based on Chromium – which is very similar to Google Chrome). For optimal experience, we recommend to install Google Chrome.
4. A Chrome/Flash player plugin error message is shown after start
In case of an error message from Chrome/Flash Player plugin right after starting the application, you can manually fix the issue with the following steps:
- Exit the application / make sure the game is not running
- Go to game folder of "The Settlers Online"
- Create a sub-folder called "plugins"
- Copy the file "pepflashplayer.dll" from your Google Chrome into this new folder
- Edit the file "package.json" in your "The Settlers Online" game folder and change the path to the plugin to: "plugins\\pepflashplayer.dll"
- If there is no path: Please add the following to the list of "chromium-args": --ppapi-flash-path="plugins\\pepflashplayer.dll' --ppapi-flash-version=18.104.22.168
5. System Requirements
Minimum System requirements:
- OS: Windows XP SP3 or higher
- Processor: 2 GHz Dual Core or higher
- Memory: 2 GB RAM or higher
- Graphics: Hardware Accelerated Graphics
- Storage: 200 MB available space
- Permanent internet connection required